Wednesday, November 15, 2006

...SFO...



Here's a small post on my memorable trip to SFO !

I flew on Thursday evening from Pittsburgh at 16:30 ET and with a 2-hour stop at Denver, flew to SFO. At Denver, I met a fantastic lady, Ms. Brooke Peterson. She was sitting down on the floor because there was just one switch and I was seated in the chair near it (charging up my laptop). I offered her the seat because my charger was extensible. With a gradual small talk, I got to know that SFO was home to her (man, she stays near the Golden Gate bridge - if I get a lottery house there - I will never leave it) and that she travelled for job. Distinct part of her job was that she could negotiate only a 4-day work week because she has 2 kids. Most interesting part of the lady's persona was that she had travelled Asia, Europe, etc. Multi-cultural exposure gave her a fairly open mind and a warm personality. Her hubby was Persian (Iran) and studied in UCal Berkeley for architecture. WoW ! She reminded me of Bee - pretty much.

The hotel room was simply awesome.
Check out my room's 3-D view at: http://www.hotelvitale.com/hotel/tours.php and click on "Superior Water View room."
Pictures of the room are on the link above and hence, I will not post them here.

I was impressed !

At 6:30 am next morning, the dawn breaks and I see this exotic view of sunrise with the Bay Bridge in between. It was so surreal. I woke up despite of the splitting headache and went out of my room. In the elevator, I met this lady and we talked about how beautiful the morning was and then we started walking and jogging together along Embarcadero ! Some of the pictures are:

Once the whole college-day affair was over, we (SalesForce team and candidates) had a dinner at Amici's near AT&T Park. Myself and Danielle (the smarty pants Berk candidate) walked down from near my hotel to this place. Nice evening! Later, I called up my high school buddy and he was kindda tired. As soon as I hit the room, I hit the bed and slept. TV was on and I woke up at 1:30 am to realise that I was knocked down by the whole exhausting journey and the busy day.

On Saturday, I wake up and call up my friend, who eventually lands up at 11:30 am. Meanwhile, I walk down some of the places on Embarcadero and explored our terrace and the view from the terrace was awesome !


So, here's what I captured. We went to Piers, took a one hour boat ride around Alcatraz and the Golden Gate bridge. Some more pictures.....

Yogesh's place was kindda cool - it was in San Jose. His roommate was warm and friendly - a recent MBA grad working for E&Y. Its Boston less all its things I dont like ! A few complaints though would be that there is no metro.




Main issue is with the expensive housing ! If only housing was cheaper here....reminds me of bbay ! but then Bbay was bigger than this.








Rest of the pictures can be checked out on Flickr

No comments: