Wednesday, November 29, 2006

laptops n injuries

Laptops, which are becoming increasingly popular (their sales growing at faster pace than desktops), are endangering injuries.

Injuries for shoulders, wrists , spine, and even fertility !

For spine - read here
For fertility - read here
For wrists - read here

For avoiding injuries, check this out - click here and here

I hated when my previous employer gave me laptop. I hated it when I had to put in 2100 $ in order to buy a laptop. It does not have facility for another keyboard which is ergonomically better. Dayyuuuum...I could not buy the $10 deal on wireless ergonomic keyboards because it will help me stay healthy. Laptops are similar to fastfoods - instant gratification - however, unhealthy !

This is sheerly driven by mindsets of some capitalists who want to extract your money away from you ! Sounds cynical but analyze this - Employers give you laptops so they can extract more from you. Manufacturers make it because they make more margins on these ! Lenovo makes decent margins on the laptops !

Do you want to fall for it?

No comments: