Thursday, July 13, 2006

Writing and speaking

Professional Writing for managers
Professional Speaking for managers

Well, when I joined these courses - I thought that my course load would be relatively lighter this mini. Guess what? - I was wrong !

I took this as an opportunity to get back to a passion I developed last year - writing.
Last year, I read GMAT material to develop my command for writing. In the process, I read books such as Grouchy Grammarian. I opened my box of books and found couple of other books - they were partially read at that time - The dictionary of Concise writing and Between You and I.

Both are books I need to finish by last week of this month. Also, there are 3 projects to be finished - Telecom management project (IPTV), Strategic Corporate Management project, and Sourcing Systems project.

btw, writing classes are wonderful due to the way Prof Ed Barr has designed it. Today, he gave us a highly convoluted piece of notice someone had put up from Italy - it was supposed to be an invitation for students. However, it was so complicated that anyone reading it would run away than attend it. Anyways, me and Nomita worked on it - to make it simple-yet-effective.

Also, he has given a fairly challenging assignment - that of writing a layoff notice to an employee and media release piece. Meanwhile, one assignment is due tonight and one is due Tuesday night and this layoff assignment is due on next Thursday night - quite a demanding course !

Speaking class discussed about Job interviews - yeah and we could clarify some doubts - next class- we have practicals for the same since we would be having mock-interviews. I have to inform the TA about which company and what profile I would like to be interviewed about.

This mini is not as relaxing as I thought it would have been...well, I gotta run - another class in 30 mins.

No comments: