Friday, April 27, 2007

eSCM-SP done !

...finally, my first step in this direction is done. eSCM-SP is done !

Dr. Hefley introduced me to the current provision that CMU students can attend eSCM certification courses for no charge at the ITSqc's Execution Education Center and I hopped on to grab the opportunity.

The Service Provider model was authored by Mark Paulk, Elaine Hyder, and Keith Heston. I had the opportunity to go for a dinner with Dr. Paulk, and Dr. Siegel on the first evening. It was a delightful event at the Monterey Bay with a great view of Pittsburgh during sunset.

Executives from a leading global service provider and a leading financial services firm had come down for the SP executive education.

On the concluding day, I rushed through my test to the speaker talk on Services Research by Robert Morris, VP of Services Research. I introduced to the concept of industry-academia collaboration between IBM and CMU via CMUSMO and he was amenable for such an arrangement. CMU already has an arrangement with IBM as is indicated on this page.

Thus, I had a heavy dose of Services arena in this week !
The whole schedule made me highly efficient as I had high productivity....yea, they say, adversity is the mother of all inventions....lol !

1 comment:

poloplayer said...

can you tell me more how you can do eSCM certification