Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The future is apple (contd)

Sometime back, I had posted a log by the title "The future is Apple!"

In line with the same argument, I want to update my visitors with this piece of news.
Domination - but - only of the multimedia segment! With movies on iPods and iTV as the next big thing along with IPTV, Apple will compete with other players such as 2wire who have got big business for their STBs (Set top boxes). IPTV is going to be a big business and Apple will ensure that under the leadership of Steve Jobs, they get a good chunk of it.

So, here's a thing - Jobs is not an original guy but has the ability to see the markets well and execute a project to the finish and sell his product. Gates beat him at that but Gates is out of the game now. I hope Jobs will be able to at least get over Ozzie...if not, then that's sheer lack of competence . However, I do not want to sound as if I am writing him off completely. He still remains a legend in this industry for reasons such as the flair he possesses, the effect he creates, etc.

Letsee what next he brings in.

No comments: