Thursday, May 25, 2006

Stats class

Stats for business managers - 2nd episode.

It is better than before....since we are not taking the GMAT test examples for the class.. we are getting hands on to the math of it.

I just hope we get to MiniTab soon. I am so planning to exempt this class. This is not giving me a good feeling that my $ are being put to good use.

Someone exempted Professional Speaking stating that outside it was cheaper.
I figured out that most of the courses being taught here are cheaper outside.

For e.g., Acct, this that...etc. All are damn cheaper in other community colleges. Just 500$ instead of 3k.


That brings us to the topic of feasibility of these courses.
I have learnt a costly lesson ... that to take up basics in community schools and then take up the advanced courses only in the schools....such that money is put to good use.

Yday's Consulting and Conflict management was a cool course though...worth the money...
So, I think I would have to compromise by looking at the overall picture than just this one.

One thing for sure...US education is simply a money minting business for these trusts !
India and the education system is far better value for money. But costs are increasing there too... ISB charges bloody 18 lacs for their one year PGP !

Doing back-of-the-envelope calculations, approx cost per course would be 3k$. My rest of settlement with Infy fetched me that much of money ! WoW ! One wrong course and my savings for 1.5 months down the drain !

No comments: