Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pgh - the most livable city

To my own personal experience and absolute delight - Pittsburgh is rated as "the most livable city".

The nine subcategories mentioned are all that matters for me:
  1. housing affordability (cost of living);
  2. transportation;
  3. jobs;
  4. education;
  5. climate;
  6. crime;
  7. health care;
  8. recreation;
  9. ambience (museums, performing arts, restaurants

Housing was very very cheap and hence, at times, I regret on my decision to move to NYC for work (my current employer offers the same pay in pgh and nyc). Crime rate is low in Pgh and hence, the insurance rates are low. UPMC provides healthcare right then and there.

Transportation is convenient if you have a car.
Jobs are good for those who have it. For those who are looking, it may not be the best market !

Well, as I've mentioned in an earlier post of mine, if I get tired of the city, I will move back to Pgh :)

No comments: