Monday, November 21, 2005

NYU visit

Mixed bag of experiences... I can say. I attended the class of Luis Cabral.
Fantastic course : Firms and Markets. Liked it. It is one of the core courses here.

An admissions coordinator does not exist in NYU. Students do the job. Met Chandra and Tim. Tim was a career switcher - Accenture to a start up to a trader post-MBA. There was a mismatch between what Rahul Mehta mentioned and the experience I got in the short class I attended and the folks who I met.

I went to Courant to meet MSIS admission guys for something and was totally unimpressed.
Ms. Anina was busy with something and I seemed to disturb her. She didn't have much information to give. They run the fall deadline as late as March.

I was expecting a different degree of hospitality. However, this could be the nature of the city - Noone cares! I hope that doesn't happen in Cornell. Were my 450 USD tickets a waste?

No comments: